Monday, October 29, 2007

Instructors with fake accents


: My Japanese buffet is still there!

Judgments : ALWAYS go natural!

Over the weekend I indulged in a gym marathon, attending almost every class you can name. It wasn't a good weekend to be doing that as most of my favorite instructors were not there *curses*

I noticed a disturbing trend amongst the new instructors, all of them have fake accents! One was so bad I couldn't understand a single word he was saying. Thank god he was quite cute and I had a mission, if not I would've stepped right out of his class. I was shocked to find myself out of step this one time, it would've been worse if not for me memorizing the tracks.

The worst bit about the fake accent is that those who put it on are usually chinese educated, and so the accents are combined with a chinese slang or contain extra ssss-es at the end of the sentence. It irritated me to death! Often I could feel an extra S forming towards the end of the sentence only to be relieved I didn't hear it. You can't imagine how distracting it was.


: I wish they would stick to their cina-fide local accent rather than put on a fake one. The lesser of two evils, if I had to choose.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what u mean. I've also experienced it-they sound very fake & forced. I have also heard extra sss-es in the middle of the class

Anonymous said...

i dont know wat u will think of me in the gym. we guys wear singlets usually the white pagoda ah pek singlet made in China and knee length loose trousers... here there is no glamour at all. we go there to exercise n that is it :)

gymbunni said...

bengbeng, I would probably die from shock! I am already dying from imagining your gym outfit based on your description. No glamour indeed. Just make sure you have a nice body to cover up for it ok?

Leena said...

haha, that's funny.
i know what you mean with those extra s..like when they say burstdei, they meant birthday. LOL. you're funny.

so you're a gym freak?? i'm total opposite. pls motivate me, get me to the gym.

gymbunni said...

Burstdei? lol that is funny when you hear it from someone who CAN actually speak english.

I had someone say watersmelon on me once - the S always switches place somehow.

Shern's mom, no more excuses, you should just get your butt moving, that is the burstdei present for yourself when you look in the mirror after all the hard work ;)