Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Brands Are Essence, Like Chicken


: 56ish kgs (a little bloated from the monthlies)


Judgments : Bata is NOT a brand, Nike on the other hand is

Right after a round of very challenging uphill climbs and endless sprints during RPM (all necessary to lose the water retention), I was reading the papers and getting hydrated when one of the RPM groupies parked himself down beside me and started chatting away. Don’t people get a hint?? Sometimes, reading materials are not about reading, its about avoiding unnecessary conversations such as the one I was currently going to have! He was still dripping in sweat and smelling like it, eeeuuuggggghhhh!

Now don’t get me wrong, some men looking like sweat nation really do look hot and sexy, but you really do need a great bod and fine looks to get away with sweaty ‘pits and “manly BO”. Think the cover of Men’s Fitness, no less baby.

Ball hugging pants guy proceeds to admire my Nike Air Max and then asked where I bought it. I curtly told him that it could be found at most sport-outlet chains or in the Nike store. While wiping away the sweat with his stained face towel, he then added that Nike shoes, although nice in appearance, don’t work for him. Immediately my eyes gazed downward at his feet thinking I’d find a Reebok or Adidas. Call it reflex action but I’m sure my face didn’t hide my feelings when I saw the Power logo. BATA was his brand of choice!

Perhaps in reaction to my expressions, he quickly mentioned that he had a pair of Nike shoes prior to this, but it couldn’t take the pounding of both gym and road running. If you asked me, it didn’t look as if his pair of Power shoes took it that well either…To cover up further, he said that his pair of Nike costs him close to RM200 and didn’t last more than 1 year. Honestly honey, that isn’t even half of what I paid for mine and if you looked into my shoe closet, you might just let slip and call me Imelda.

Once you go branded, you never turn back! Here was this guy selling me the benefits of a pair of Bata shoes when those who know me know that I wouldn’t be caught dead wearing non-brands. It was a painful conversation to say the least, especially when I was decked out in the latest collection, head-to-toe.

So as not to collapse from the BO fumes or the lack of a topic of interest, I pretended that The Boy lacked attention at home and speedily rushed off.


: Body feels good after RPM but nose and patience took a hit today

No comments: