Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Gross Sights at The Gym (Men)


: Feels light like a bunny!

Judgements : I wish they'd learn to be beautiful before they came trotting in the gym!

The gross sight is not the men themselves but their sense of dressing. You already know what I have to say about those in track pants.

My gay boys have a great sense of style along with hot bods but not all have such sense of style, lets not even talk about the straight men. The Boy, when he does feel like gymming, throws on the t-shirt on top of the ironed pile and a shorts that matches or sometimes doesn't and off he goes. There is no planning...that's where the problem lies.

As a result, they burden other people with how they look - UGLY! Disgusting also comes to mind but gross is my usual reaction, especially to looks that are so last century. Tights rate top of the list. Why do you think Robin Hood Men In Tights wasn't a blockbuster? Gross sights usually involve tights I'll provide a visual:

  1. Men in tights and little singlets
  2. Men in tights and little singlets and no cutting on their arms or chest
  3. Men with all of 2 above and with a protruding stomach

If you think I made that up, he exists in my jam and pump class. And shockingly, he has friends. I just try to stay on the other end of the studio in case I choke catching a glimpse of him while trying to catch my breath.

Another disturbing sight is men in running shorts. They are too little and too loose. This is not Hawaii.

I do yoga and in one of my classes, we have a guy who practices in his running shorts! He along with the shorts should be banned from yoga class. Running shorts should only be allowed in marathons and on guys with toned and larger thighs. Put the running shorts pulled high on milky white legs with matching running top and you might get the urge to offer him a sarong or a fashion magazine.

: I hate jewelry viewing while I'm trying to synchronize my breath with my pose!

14 comments:

Shaiful Mukhelas said...

Hello Gymbunni ...

I do agree with you. Gay men have more sense of style than the straight ones ... even when they're visiting gym.

Do treat yourself to the Pashmy Bauletto bag from Tod's okay dear... :D

gymbunni said...

Thanks for the email Shaiful. OMG, that is THE gym bag to be seen in! I'll probably use it for various purposes if I ever get my hand on one...maybe I can con The Boy hehe *evil thoughts*

Anonymous said...

oh dear, i jus grab whatever singlets or shorts available from my chest of drawers...and as Mrs BB does the laundry once a week, i don't have much choice hahahahah..anyway I dont hope to b seen :)

gymbunni said...

That's what I meant about straight guys and their choice of gym clothing...you've just confirmed it. Oh well, as long as I don't spot you and if I do, better hope you're not in one of those outfits I've mentioned!

Anonymous said...

DJCdyoga pants for men. goood luck. Maybe if some apparel co's could develop somthing functional and inspiring for men who practice we would wear them. So far I have found nothing in local stores and only make shoft sweats and climbimg pants. need some help here. Maybe some Bitches could give me a hand.

Leggings Boy said...

I'm a guy and I wear tights to the gym. I don't understand why I shouldn't be allowed to and this double-standard -- women can wear whatever they want but if men do then you have a problem?

In fact I will continue to wear tights in defiance of the bigots & female chauvinists.

Sports apparel companies make tights for men so what do you think it's for? To be worn. Under Armour makes great leggings for men, as does New Balance, Nike, Sugoi, Hind, Brooks, Asics, and the list goes on.

I used to only wear baggy shorts but now prefer tights. I also like the way it makes my body look.

gymbunni said...

Anonymous, try Lulu Lemon. They make men look like men again, their products are functional and the material is to die for, especially for yoga.

Leggings Boy, cute name but I can already picture you looking pretty in them tights. You can wear them alright, just make sure you don't fall into any of those categories listed, if not you'll sure not escape my seeing eye.

If you're well toned and hot as hell, then carry it off confidently. YOu obviously know your brands and that is already a plus *winks

Anonymous said...

How do you know who is gay and what they wear?
I wear leggings, tight running shorts, running tights from various companies. Don't understand why females giggle or sigh at men wearing tight compression clothing. If i see a woman who is pear shaped wearing capri leggings i don't get upset or have a hissy fit like woman do when men wear them to the gym. I find anyone having a problem in men wearing tight gym clothes are very immature or haven't see a whole lot in life.
To me it seems woman who find it gross are either jealous of man having a really toned body and wish there chubby physic can be bit similar toned. Or there mindset is programed in 1950's maybe they should wear long dresses like Barbra Billingsly and stop copying men wearing pants.

Anonymous said...

There is some judgey crap happening here. If you don't like my tights, you can look away. I don't like some people's attitude. I don't try to change or shame them, I just ignore them.

Unknown said...

I agree with the guys. For example: leotards were made by a man for a man. Don't believe me? Google it and look it up. The girls grabbed a hold of it and all of a sudden its taboo for guys to wear them. Same thing with tights. For years woman fought for equal rights but now it seems to me some women are turning in to the chauvinist type biggots they fought against. What gives people the right to tell others what they can and can't wear?

If they aren't breaking the law, have decency in the way they present themselves and have the body and ability to look good in them I say wear whatever the **** u want and ignore the biggots.


My personal opinion.

Unknown said...

I agree with the guys. For example: leotards were made by a man for a man. Don't believe me? Google it and look it up. The girls grabbed a hold of it and all of a sudden its taboo for guys to wear them. Same thing with tights. For years woman fought for equal rights but now it seems to me some women are turning in to the chauvinist type biggots they fought against. What gives people the right to tell others what they can and can't wear?

If they aren't breaking the law, have decency in the way they present themselves and have the body and ability to look good in them I say wear whatever the **** u want and ignore the biggots.


My personal opinion.

payelkolpona said...

This is great! can easily out at these place or order in! thanks so much! Gym tights

Unknown said...

Your article is sexist! and provide seeds of discrimination against men and young boys.
Don't let people tell you to do what they think. As long as you don't show off your junks in flesh, it is fine with any kind of wearing and dressing. It takes real men(with courage) to rock on any clothing off the rack!

mens compression pants said...

I believe its good that guys are wearing tights/compression leggins to the gym. It helps with muscle fatigue and makes them go harder for longer. Nothing wrong with that.