Friday, August 10, 2007

Jam for the Boys


: I suspect I lost a whole kilo during PT session

Judgments : If only straight men cared so much about their bodies...

I missed Body Jam the other day, was running late thanks to some idiot who had to explain something pointless at length during con call. Unfortunately, the idiot was someone senior so nobody squeaked nor interrupted when he droned on past my Jam hour. Instead of intense bodily movements, I had to settle for the calming yoga class. Which is fine since I need to maintain flexibility.

While waiting for yoga to start, I stared longingly at the on-going Jam class, imagining myself in there. Automatically I found myself moving to the music but what caught my eye were the two boys at the back of the class. Their body movements were so fluid and sexy, they swayed without effort yet with so much energy, I couldn't help but feel a little jealous. They were obviously gay, only the boys would have such fluidity of movements.

I confess to being a fag hag and what other class but Jam will get my boys there with me, apart from Step of course. Sometimes I'm so geram with them for being able to do all those sexy moves when I occasionally miss a step. They glam up for the class too mind you, with accessories and all.

Of all the straight men in the classes I've been to, I swear only like 1% can actually do power moves and not look soft. Those who can't, god help them coz they look totally out of place and kayu. Mind you, chinese guys can really be off with the rhythm.

I've also been in Jam classes with uncles trying to keep up with the Charlston...yes, it is their era, but with Ms Aguilera's new "Candy Man" track, they can hardly keep up! Instead of looking young at heart, they just look plain ridiculous.

: This outfit is not meant for yoga, kept adjusting the pants while in forward bends and warrior :(

2 comments:

Dolly said...

I just LOVE your blog! I am obsessed with the gym (body step body step body step) but because then fu**ed up my legs from jumping waay too much, waay too high, waay too hard and now I have to keep things "gentle" which makes me want to cry!!! I'll be living vicariously and energetically through you! LOL Keep up the good work (on the blog, and at the gym!)

gymbunni said...

Thanks for the compliments darling! Wait for my posting on Body Step...boy, do I have a lot to say ;)

Stay tuned and keep it up yourself! After all, someone's gotta look good if the rest can't do it.